CareerAtlas iPad Draw:
By registering for CareerAtlas you will automatically be entered into a draw for prizes to thank you for participating (the “Contest”). Two winners will be randomly selected to win one of two Apple iPads. Full Contest Rules are below.
Who is Eligible
- To enter the Contest and be eligible to win a prize, you must:
- Register at CareerAtlas.ca
- be a legal resident of Canada, excluding residents of Quebec;
- be of the age of majority in the province or territory where you reside
- The Contest organizer is the Ontario Tourism Education Corporation,an independent, not-for-profit training, consulting, and workforce development organization (the “Contest Organizer”).
- Employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives, and advertising and promotional agencies of the Contest Organizer (and each of their respective subsidiaries and affiliates) and members of any such person’s immediate family (regardless of where they live) or persons with whom they are domiciled (whether related to the person or not) are not eligible to enter the Contest or win a prize. In this Contest, “immediate family” includes spouses, children, parents and siblings. The Contest Organizer reserves the right to verify the eligibility of a potential prize winner. Winning a prize is contingent on being compliant with these Contest Rules. Internet access and a valid email account are required.
- No purchase is necessary to enter this Contest.
How it Works
- To enter the Contest, you must Register on CareerAtlas.ca. By entering the Contest, you are indicating that you have read, accepted and agreed to these Contest Rules. There is a limit of one (1) Contest entry per registrant. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods, will void that entrant’s entries, and that entrant will be disqualified.
- Contest entries may be submitted [between June 24, 2022 at 12:00 a.m. EDT and the later of July 22, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. EDT or when the Contest receives # entries] (the “Contest Period”). Entries submitted before or after the Contest Period are not valid. If the Contest Organizer determines that an entrant has entered the Contest in a fashion not sanctioned by these Contest Rules, the entrant will be disqualified from the Contest.
Prizes and Draw
- Within [five (5) days] following the end of the Contest Period, two (2) potential winners will be selected at random from eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The draw will take place in Toronto, Ontario.
- Each potential winner will be eligible to win one of two new Apple iPads Air 10.9″ 64GB with Wi-Fi (5th Generation).
- The total estimated retail value of each of the prizes is $750, for a total of $1500.
- Your chances of winning depend on the total number of entries received during the Contest Period, excluding entries disqualified by the Contest Organizer during or after the Contest Period.
- The prizes must be accepted as awarded without substitution and are not transferable, assignable or convertible to cash (except in the sole discretion of the Contest Organizer). The Contest Organizer reserves the right in their sole discretion to substitute any prize or any component of a prize for a prize of equal or greater value. If a winner is unable to receive and/or redeem a prize due to reasons beyond the control of the Contest Organizer, no compensation or substitute prize whatsoever will be provided.
Claiming a Prize
- If you are selected as a potential winner of the Contest, you will be notified by email one (1) time as soon as practicable after the Contest closes. The Contest Organizer will use the email address you provide in joining CareerAtlas for any such notification and, by entering the Contest, you consent to receiving communications from the Contest Organizer for the purpose of administering the Contest. If you do not respond to the notification within [seven (7)] days or if the notification is returned as undeliverable or fails to reach you for any reason (including, without limitation, “soft” and “hard” email “bounces”), your selection as a potential winner will be void and the Contest Organizer will select another potential winner from the remaining eligible entries. The Contest Organizer will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected entrant.
- If you are selected as a possible winner of the Contest and have responded to the notification within the [seven (7)] day period described above, you will have a further [seven (7)] days to provide satisfactory proof of eligibility to enter the contest. Proof of eligibility will include verification of your age, your status as a legal resident of Canada, your current residence and your acceptance of the Contest Rules. The potential winners will also be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind (whether mechanical or otherwise), a time-limited, skill-testing mathematical question to be administered by telephone or email at a mutually convenient time. If any of the entrants so selected is unable to provide satisfactory proof of eligibility, to answer the skill-testing question or meet any other requirement of the Contest, another entrant will be selected as a potential winner. This process will be repeated if necessary until two (2) Contest winners are determined by the Contest Organizer or there are no more eligible entries.
- Contest winners will also need to provide an address in Canada for the delivery of the Prize.
- If you are unable to meet all of the requirements for claiming the prize as described in these Contest Rules in the required time periods (or such extended periods as the Contest Organizer may decide), then your selection as a potential winner will be void, and another potential winner will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
- If you meet all requirements for being awarded a prize, the prize will be delivered to you by courier at the address that you will provide.
- Entering the Contest or winning a prize does not create any relationship between an entrant and the Contest Organizer, including an employment or agency relationship.
- By entering the Contest, each Contest entrant agrees to abide by these Contest Rules, which are subject to change without notice to entrants individually. All decisions and instructions by the Contest Organizer relating to all aspects of the Contest will be final and binding. In the event of any disagreement or dispute regarding the interpretation of the Contest Rules or any decision made by the Contest Organizer, the interpretations and decisions of the Contest Organizer will prevail. The Contest Organizer will not be obliged to publish or explain any decision that they make in the administration of the Contest, including any decisions to disqualify any entries.
- The Contest Organizer will have no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information or for any entries not received or not considered eligible due to any failure or technical malfunction of any computer or telephone networks, online computer systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or the Contest website, or any combination thereof. The Contest Organizer will have no responsibility for human or technical errors, omissions, interruptions, suppressions, defects, operation or transmission delays or breakdowns in communication links or their unauthorized access or modification.
- The Contest Organizer reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, withdraw, modify, amend or suspend the Contest or to amend these Contest Rules in any way, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind (including, but not limited to, technical problems, computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud and technical failure), insufficient entries, any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Organizer that corrupts or affect the security, impartiality, integrity or proper administration of this Contest as contemplated by these Contest Rules, or for any other reason.
- Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest by cheating, fraud, hacking or in any other way is a violation of civil laws and may be a violation of criminal laws. The Contest Organizer reserves the right to seek remedies and damages for any such attempt to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution, and to disqualify any entrant who has participated in any such activities from this Contest and from any future Contests involving either of the Contest Organizer. Any person who creates, attempts to create or who counsels or assists a third party to create or attempt to create an ineligible or false entry into the Contest will be disqualified from the Contest, and, in such case, any Contest entries awarded to that person will be disqualified.
- By entering the Contest, each entrant releases the Contest Organizer and their respective agents, affiliated and related companies, directors, officers, employees, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability arising in any manner out of the Contest, including, without limitation, the administration of the Contest, the selection of any prize winner, the awarding of any prize, and the use or misuse of any prize (or the merchandise for which it is redeemed). The Contest Organizer will use commercially reasonable efforts to disqualify ineligible entries, but the Contest Organizer cannot and do not warrant that no ineligible entries will be included in the draw or that the prize will not, despite their efforts, be awarded based on an ineligible entry. The Releasees are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible entries (all of which are void).
- This Contest is void where prohibited by law. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, territorial and municipal laws and regulations in the jurisdictions in which it is offered. Any dispute concerning the Contest, or the rights and obligations of an entrant in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein and adjudicated in the appropriate court in Toronto, Ontario.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to, any print, online or other form of advertising or any French version of these Contest Rules, the terms and conditions of these English Contest Rules will prevail, govern and control.